Monday, February 22, 2010

No offense, Blog, but I want to go away for a while.

I think about disappearing, not forever, just for a little while. A few nights ago I dreamed I flew to Switzerland for no reason. And last night I dreamed I flew to Africa, destination unclear. The thing I do remember was that I was putting on the most wonderful shade of red lipstick in the airport bathroom before we took off and I had such nice shoes.

But, fear not, dear Blog... I'm not going anywhere. But I need you to agree on one thing: you'll put up with my rants for the next few months. I think I'm busting at the seams with both the good and the bad, so please be patient.

I have a few exhibitions that are being fabricated and installed this Spring and Summer and either I let it all get to me, or I tell you all about it.

Ok?

Ok.

Let the show go on.

xo,
dvz

{image via hello friend}

5 comments:

Unknown said...

you sounded like depressed... :(
Lets get together this week, how about that? I will bring cheers with me :)

cp said...

we just learned about 'busting seams' in my sewing class today. always worth the effort

Solpatots said...

Hi I've been reading your blog from Mallorca:
http://maps.google.es/maps?ie=UTF8&hl=es&ll=39.398,2.848206&spn=1.470813,4.216003&t=k&z=9
I wanted to congratule you for your blog
A song in spanish just to cheer you up!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGht0f_rxhI

Debi van Zyl said...

you're all so sweet! thanks for the link, solpatots... thought it didn't work for me... try sending again?

thanks cp and edward, i feel a lot better after a weekend away. although not by air, by train.

xo

Solpatots said...

There's a spot first (youtube's courtesy) and then you've got the song!
you can also spotify it: " zenttric solo quiero bailar " (it's not a great great deal, but at least it might make you shake a bit)...