Friday, November 13, 2009

You know it's going to be a nice day when you open up the cupboard and you see something you see everyday but it's as if it's for the first time.

I love our dishes. I love that they are mismatched but complimentary. I love that R chooses colors I might not choose and it just works. I love having opened up the cupboard this morning and being surprised at how lovely it all looked. I suppose I usually just reach for a coffee cup, half blind from sleep and I do not notice?

So anyway.... yes, I think it will be a nice day. I am, however, getting sick. I can feel it in my ears and my throat. But I still contend it will be a nice day: R is coming back from Montreal this afternoon and I get to eat my soup out of some lovely bowls, drink ginger tea, and probably watch a lot of movies... a sure cure for the common cold.

A good weekend to you all.

2 comments:

Kaisu said...

I love your dishes also!

Cathy Munroe Hotes said...

I love your dishes too! It's quite common in Japanese kitchens to have a range of assorted dishes that go well together. It's a part of the wabi-sabi aesthetic, I think: finding beauty in imperfection