Monday, October 22, 2007


this morning I had a coffee at a local bakery - on the table they had one of my favorite things: ceramic yogurt jars. I think nothing tastes better than yogurt from ceramic or glass... there are some more beautiful jars here.

So... Southern California is engulfed and smoke and flames. The Santa Ana winds are here and they are reeking havoc. I normally love the winds because they are so strange and so strong, and in a region where weather is usually so consistent, the change is always welcome, but this year it is scary. Yesterday 8 fires started and grew very rapidly. Today there are 17 total fires. It's incredible... shocking.

As for me, the calendar is coming along a lot slower than I had wanted.. but it's almost there. Also, I've got some little beasts traveling to Berlin soon to participate in a little exhibition {more on that later}. I've got to get their bags packed and teach them some German so that they can get by for a while.

So much to do!

3 comments:

Cerré said...

wow, I'm glad someone else has as much of an attachment to yogurt jars as I do. When I was living in Paris I actually filled half of my suitcase with those ceramic jars. Not only do they make yogurt taste a hell of a lot more creamier, but they're fantastic cups for wine. They now hold my drawing pens...I need more.

Sandra Monat said...

oh Berlin.... Probably we are participating in the same show at Lilo and dicke Dinger?

Debi van Zyl said...

lcerre- i've done the same thing, half filled suitcase, puzzled customs officials at the airport :-) little jars everywhere in the apartment for various purposes, including wine!

and yes, frederike! we'll be in the same show! I wish i could go over there myself to see everyone else's work.