Sunday, January 24, 2010

This is my little moss pocket... my knitting experiment with metal thread. Right now, I've got dirty fingernails, soil all over the table and it makes me happy.

p.s. thanks Lex for reminding me :)

I'll be trying again with a thicker gauge metal, larger needles, other plant species... just want to make more in hopes I can take this somewhere interesting. I'm working with a fellow architect on a community garden in East Los Angeles... maybe this is something we can develop for the less sunny spots on the site.

... . . ... . .... . . . . . .. .

And on an entirely different note, a huge 'thank you' to everyone who has stumbled across this blog from the New York Times article. In addition to my regular readers (I love you too!) all of your comments, compliments and suggestions have left me so encouraged and inspired.

Hope you come back often... I've got more up my sleeve :)

And to all those who bought my cards and beasts on Etsy, again, thank you so much! I'm trying to keep up with all the orders and knitting furiously trying to get more beasts out into the world, check out the store in a next few days for new ones.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love your little moss pocket! love moss! love your blog! love your beasts .. yes found your blog thru the nyt ..

i knit too ..

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dark-Horse-Design/173278001023?ref=ts

Lex

Mlle Paradis said...

these wire "pots" are great! love the irregularity of the stitching and the contrast with the moss.

emily li li said...

love these! finally read the nyt article my husband sent me. i'm a "retired" architect as well! let me know if you are going to sell them!