Monday, April 28, 2008

I was going to post some more fire images, but decided to post one I took of our shoes left neatly outside the cabin. Late last night we were finally evacuated. We almost didn't think they wre going to. But after a day of a what looked like a pretty well contained fire, the wind picked up and without the helicopters it jumped to the ridge right behind the house. It was incredible to see, but frightening.

We weren't exactly running around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to load up the cars in order to evacuate, but we weren't exactly prepared either :) It's rather surreal trying to decide what to leave behind.

The fire is still going and will do so for a few more days. Luckily no structures have been burned, and when we are allowed to go back up to the house, I expect our shoes to be sitting outside the door right where we left them.

..... . ... . . ... . . .. . ... . .. .. .

In other news, Anna over at sub-studio invited me for a little interview. Thanks!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

take care. i hope you come back to an intact home...

charlotte said...

hi, I hope all is well and your shoes are still there. x

Anonymous said...

I hope everything works out okay. Thinking of you and your home.

Kelly said...

Oh darling, My thoughts are with you. I can't believe Los Angeles is burning already

marie said...

oh i hope you and your little home are okay..thinking of you!

Jessica said...

Thinking of you and your shoes.