Friday, April 25, 2008

I knew I wasn't crazy for loving my sprouted, neglected vegetables! I was hunting for a different image in my my huge scrap book of images snipped out of magazines and newspapers but instead I found this lovely photo of sweet potatoes. And given my recent foray in sprouting my own veggies, I had to post the image.

Don't quote me on this, but I'm fairly sure I got this newspaper clipping from the New York Times, a few years back. I remember it was included in a spread about some great NY apartment/loft.... the kind of space that makes me yearn for a bright and airy, industrial but warm space. These sweet potatoes remind me of that... a little soft space within a hard space.

Beauty from things just taking their course.

So far my onion is doing really well :) and I am just going to let it grow.... why not, right?

3 comments:

Muriel said...

Your blog is very inspiring

Unknown said...

i'm always inspired by your inspiration!

Kunang-kunang said...

You can snip & sautee the leaf with a little bit of oilve oil, garlic & salt as they grow. The leaves taste delicious. The asian store usually sell them by bag.