Wednesday, April 30, 2008

House is safe, shoes are safe :) Thank you everyone! All your sweet and thoughtful comments are so much appreciated. It is so comforting to know that you are all out there.

Now that we can see the burn line and understand exactly how close the fire came to the house, it's very humbling. The firefighters did an incredible job. I swear, the night we left and from where we watching the fire after we were evacuated, the glow in the sky right where the house is seemed was so intense; I had resigned myself to the fact that house was going to go. I just couldn't imagine that it wouldn't.

But here we are, safe and sound... and happily moving on :)

With that in mind, I received an email the other day from Our Children's Gorilla. I am in love love love with their products! Their mobiles are fantastic; above are the Ladies, and the wood chap is Gary. Actually everything (including the photography) is great... I'm liable to put a link up to all of their products :) Instead, you can just go to their shop here.

... anyway... just want to say thanks again for all the nice comments and well wishes.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

so glad to hear things turned out well for you. you must be looking at everything in your home with different eyes...

Kelly said...

Oh thank the heavens!
I miss Los Angeles so much but the fires the past 5 years have been so unsettling no?
Either way its good to know you are back in your house.

Debi van Zyl said...

thanks you guys.... it's such a relief! we're glad to be back inside too.