Monday, June 16, 2008


One of the many things I love about Los Angeles is that airplanes have to turn around right over downtown for their descent into LAX. If you are downtown and simply look up, you get a great and relatively close view of the huge underbellies of these massive planes flying in from some international city.

I am still amazed that these huge airplanes even make it off the ground. I really could watch airplanes take off and land all day. Incidentally, another favorite spot in LA is literally right behind one of the runways right off at the intersection of Sepulveda and Lincoln Boulevards. There's a lovely little patch of grass and you can just lie on your back and look up.

Of course the airplanes in these images are barely noticeable... You'll just have to trust me on how large they seemed above my head :)

No comments: