Thursday, November 27, 2008

Last weekend we went to Death Valley. And on our last night we found a cabin. Not exactly like last year's cabin, this one had electricity and water fed from a near by spring. It was incredible. I could have up there for days.

{forgive the poor quality of the images: unfortunately some setting on my camera changed without me realizing until we got home. I suppose that's a good reason to go back and and take betters one, right?}

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate it! Having grown up outside of America, Thanksgiving is not really part of my family's vocabulary. Usually we all do our own thing, go to our friends' houses, but we never really do anything as a family since... it's always just been an ordinary day for us. But this year is different because this year I actually have something to very thankful for and only want to be around my family. The fact their house survived the recent fire is something I'm still not really over yet. It'll take a while to settle in, and in the meantime a little pumpkin pie and cranberry sauce will help I'm sure.

No comments: